Missing content? – Request curation!
Request curation for specific Genes, variants, or PubMed publications.
Have questions, comments or suggestions? - Let us know!
Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
|Ref Type||Journal Article|
|Authors||Hong DS, Kurzrock R, Wheler JJ, Naing A, Falchook GS, Fu S, Kim KB, Davies MA, Nguyen LM, George GC, Xu L, Shumaker R, Ren M, Mink J, Bedell C, Andresen C, Sachdev P, O'Brien JP, Nemunaitis J|
|Title||Phase I Dose-Escalation Study of the Multikinase Inhibitor Lenvatinib in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors and in an Expanded Cohort of Patients with Melanoma.|
|Journal||Clinical cancer research : an official journal of the American Association for Cancer Research|
|Date||2015 Nov 01|
|Abstract Text||This "3+3" phase I study evaluated the safety, biologic, and clinical activity of lenvatinib, an oral multikinase inhibitor, in patients with solid tumors.Ascending doses of lenvatinib were administered per os twice daily in 28-day cycles. Safety and response were assessed for all patients. Angiogenic and apoptotic factors were tested as possible biomarkers in an expanded melanoma cohort.Seventy-seven patients were treated in 3 cohorts: 18 with intermittent twice-daily dosing (7 days on, 7 days off) of 0.1-3.2 mg; 33 with twice-daily dosing of 3.2-12 mg; and 26 with twice-daily dosing of 10 mg (expanded melanoma cohort). Maximum tolerated dose was established at 10 mg per os twice daily. Prominent drug-related toxicities included hypertension (43%), fatigue (42%), proteinuria (39%), and nausea (25%); dose-limiting toxicities included hypertension, fatigue, and proteinuria. Twelve patients (15.6%) achieved partial response (PR, n = 9) or unconfirmed PR (uPR, n = 3), and 19 (24.7%) achieved stable disease (SD) ≥23 weeks. Total PR/uPR/SD ≥23 weeks was 40.3% (n = 31). Responses (PR/uPR) by disease were as follows: melanoma, 5 of 29 patients (includes 1 patient with NRAS mutation); thyroid, 3 of 6 patients; pancreatic, 1 of 2 patients; lung, 1 of 1 patients; renal, 1 of 1 patients; endometrial, 1 of 4 patients; and ovarian, 1 of 5 patients. AUC(0-24) and C(max) increased dose proportionally. In multivariate Cox proportional hazard model analyses, increased baseline systolic blood pressure and decreased angiopoietin-1 ratio (2 hours:baseline) were associated with longer progression-free survival (PFS) in the expanded melanoma cohort (P = 0.041 and P = 0.03, respectively).The toxicity profile, pharmacokinetics, and antitumor activity of lenvatinib are encouraging. Decreases in the angiopoietin-1 ratio correlated with longer PFS in melanoma patients.|
|Molecular Profile||Treatment Approach|
|Gene Name||Source||Synonyms||Protein Domains||Gene Description||Gene Role|
|Therapy Name||Drugs||Efficacy Evidence||Clinical Trials|
|Drug Name||Trade Name||Synonyms||Drug Classes||Drug Description|
|Gene||Variant||Impact||Protein Effect||Variant Description||Associated with drug Resistance|
|Molecular Profile||Indication/Tumor Type||Response Type||Therapy Name||Approval Status||Evidence Type||Efficacy Evidence||References|
|BRAF wild-type NRAS wild-type||melanoma||sensitive||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I clinical trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) treatment resulted in stable disease in 44% (4/9) and partial response in 22% (2/9) of melanoma patients carrying wild-type BRAF and NRAS (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|
|BRAF mut NRAS mut||melanoma||sensitive||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I clinical trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) treatment resulted in stable disease in 50% (1/2) of melanoma patients harboring both BRAF and NRAS mutations (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|
|Unknown unknown||Advanced Solid Tumor||not applicable||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) treatment resulted in partial response in 11.7% (9/77) and stable disease in 51.9% (40/77) of patients with advanced solid tumors (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|
|BRAF wild-type NRAS mut||melanoma||sensitive||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I clinical trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) treatment resulted in stable disease in 83% (5/6) of melanoma patients harboring NRAS mutations and wild-type BRAF (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|
|BRAF mut NRAS wild-type||melanoma||sensitive||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I clinical trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) treatment resulted in stable disease in 100% (5/5) of melanoma patients harboring BRAF mutations and wild-type NRAS (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|
|Unknown unknown||lung non-small cell carcinoma||not applicable||Lenvatinib||Phase I||Actionable||In a Phase I clinical trial, Lenvima (lenvatinib) demonstrated anti-tumor activity in patients with several advanced solid tumor types, including patients with non-small cell lung cancer (PMID: 26169970).||26169970|